it’s blog circle time again with some of my favorite photography friends. this time it’s a smaller circle because some of the girls are sitting out a month. after you read my letter to my children make sure to stop by & read the rest of the circle…head over to courtney slazinik with click it up a notch next!
dear miles & garrett,
there is something about writing these letters that gets me all choked up. i don’t know what it is…maybe it’s me thinking about when or how i will present them to you, what will you say or think about them, where will we be in our life…will you be all grown up & out of the house when i give them to you? or will you be just a little bit older than you are now? all i know is that thinking about you being all grown up makes me so sad. i love this moment with you boys & want it to last forever. this month i am writing to both of you because i have written to each of you individually the last two months.
you guys are precious. i adore you. i can’t get enough of you. i love every bit of who you are…and guess what? i always will. garrett you say you want to be a sneak up cowboy when you grow up. but you said the sneak up cowboy is nice & he lives at home, so that’s goodgarrett you are spunky & hilarious…you are clever & charming.
miles, i wonder what you’ll want to be? we have so much more to learn about you as you get older. you are so loving & sweet. you are precious & so happy.
i love you both so much more than words can express. i always will. i would do anything for you. don’t ever forget that.
i just turned thirty & we went camping to celebrate. just being with you made my day perfect. to be able to slow down, relax, tell stories, play, explore & just be with you all was the BEST. garrett, you said it was the best weekend of your life. that right there was all i had to hear to make it the best birthday ever! i took these pictures on our trip. thank you for loving me.
somehow i don’t think you guys will need this because you will be complete naturals at all of this but here are some suggestions for you two to remember as you grow up.
1. be honest.
2. say you’re sorry (when necessary). and mean it.
3. don’t quit when things are hard. if it is something important to you, (no matter how difficult) you can do it. try harder.
4. think about other peoples feelings. put yourself in their shoes. be kind.
5. be affectionate. make sure everyone that you love & care about knows you feel that way.
6. laugh alot. life is too short to be too serious. understand your infinite worth & the impact you have in this world but remember it’s okay to laugh at yourself too.
7. be you. no one else is as cool as the real YOU. who cares what other people think, just be you.
8. appreciate every day, every minute, every second as much as possible. things can change in the blink of an eye, appreciate what you have.
9. respect. you have to give it in order to receive it.
10. know that i am here for you. i love you NO MATTER WHAT. (your sweet daddy feels the same way i do & would do anything for his family).